In John 14:15-17 NLT Jesus promises the holy spirit as long as we abide in him and maintain a loving relationship. “15 If you love me, obey my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. 17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.” When you jump down to verse 26 Jesus goes on to say, “But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative-that is, the Holy Spirit- he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you” (John 14:26 NLT).
1) Staying connected through the word
- Dedicate at least 15 minutes of your time daily reading the word. Scripture is a powerful way to allow the Holy Spirit access into your spiritual state in order to strengthen your character.
2) Take time for meditation
- Once you have taken time out of your day to get connected through the word, it is very important for you to meditate on the scripture(s) you have read. Think about ways in which the scripture(s) may apply to your personal life. Ask yourself what it might look like to actually live by the word you read and reflect on ways it may have applied to previous circumstances that took place in your life or ways it may apply to future circumstances in your life.
3) Proceed with implementation
- Once you have taken time to reflect on ways to apply the word of God to your life you should move forward with actually applying it. Implement the things you have reflected on in the word to your daily lifestyle. Things won’t be perfect and you may not always remember to do it, but the more you practice implementation, the easier it will get along the way.
Perfect, faithful, marvelous, merciful, forgiving, savior, creator, King, Lord you are our everything. Our hearts exult in you and we rejoice in your salvation. We worship you for being who you are and give you praise. We plead the blood of Jesus over our flesh and sins praying for renewal in our hearts and attitudes. Open up the pores of our soul Lord and allow the Holy Spirit to seep through with nourishment to produce our fruit. Ground us so that we always take time to spend in your word. Teach us how to properly meditate and process what we absorb. Bless us with the ability and willingness to implement your ways into our daily lifestyles. Through our fruit let things multiply. Through our fruit send abundance. Through our fruit let us bless others. Through our fruit let us save souls. Through our fruit let us change the world. Through our fruit surround us with divine connections. Through our fruit send favor. Through our fruit let your light shine. Through our fruit let us have power. Through our fruit bless us with wisdom. Through our fruit let the Holy Spirit always remain in us. Lord we love you, we adore you, we reverence you and we pray this prayer in Jesus name, Amen.